9.10.2007

Urban Playground

Got to compete in a fun little race this weekend. Urban Playground is a pretty cool festival that went on around Downer Ave that supported the parks and trail systems. Sat morning, after the all you can eat pancake breakfast (bad idea), the Velo Trocadero club put on a pretty fun 1-on-1 sprint race, about 200m long.

After losing my first heat because I was in way to high a gear, I won the next 4 and came in 3rd overall. Pretty sweet. My prize package included a bottle, t-shirt, about 10 sport drink packs and a large can of Endurox. For the $10 entry fee, I think I made off pretty well and had a damn good time.

The low point was watching a friend take a somersault midway through his sprint. At first, I thought his fork exploded on him, but it turns out the spokes died. It looked like someone spun his wheel and took a box cutter to all the spokes on the ride side. The spokes were all broken in the middle, not at the bug or the rim, wild. He got up right away and walked it off. The wheel is destroyed obviously.

Later in the day, watched the BMX riders. Very impressive, especially the front flip to end the show. I was sad that I missed the track stand and skid competition. Good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

chart keydocuments appreciating behavioral palmela koubel webminnesota database flagged cgmp resulted
lolikneri havaqatsu