9.06.2007

Be the Lion

So I followed a link the other day, http://outside.away.com/magazine/1295/index.html, and figured out if you manipulate the "1295" you can basically re-read any old Outside Magazine since 1994. (0301, for example, will get you March 2001's issue)

Anyway, I'm reading an article about Jack LaLanne here and LOVED this analogy;
"Now, you listen to some of these so-called sports-medicine experts today--shit! It's just shtick. It's just something else to sell. Warming up," he scoffed, adjusting a red ascot fitted neatly into his jumpsuit, "warming up is the biggest bunch of horseshit I've ever heard in my life. Fifteen minutes to warm up! Does a lion warm up when he's hungry? 'Uh-oh, here comes an antelope. Better warm up.' No! He just goes out and eats the sucker. You gotta get the blood circulating, but shit, does the lion cool down? No, he eats the sucker and goes to sleep. And that," he concluded, folding his arms into a variation of the pose, "is the truth."
Now, i'm someone who does do a pretty good job of warming up and cooling down, but I thought this was very interesting. I think from now on I'm just going to be the Lion.

See it and do it.

No comments: