8.04.2007

State TT Results

State TT's this morning. Beautiful course, no wind, cool, just how I like it. Rode down with two buddies, suited up, got a good half hour warmup in, lined up at the start and hit it. Actually, may have hit it a little too much, but it didn't matter. POP! I flatted out on turn 1. Not so nice. Was lucky enough to get back to the start where I was told that I could reenter the race, but my original start time was firm.

Lessons learned.
1. Specialized tubes suck. I like that they come in a little plastic baggy pre-talked, but they still suck. I can't even get my pump over them.
2. Canon digital SLR cameras are hot. I ended up blowing my time waiting by taking pics of my buddies. Hold down that camera button and all you hear is "snap, snap, snap, snap" .... i think I blew through about 200 pics .... very nice.

Buddies want to ride a hundo tomorrow am, maybe that will make up for a crappy ride today.

No comments: