8.01.2007

New Toys

I picked up some new toys online last night, neither have shipped, but I'll comment on them anyway. I made the order through trisports.com.


So first, after the Racine tri I decided that it'd be a good idea to invest a little in a wetsuit. Seeing as the swim in Racine was very cold, but I was not, I didn't think that I needed a full wetsuit for warmth. I'm also a very strong swimmer so the buoyancy that a full suit would provide doesn't matter to much to me. Therefore, I was looking for a suit to provide a little warmth when needed and a little buoyancy only around the core. That barely makes sense, but there it is. I searched and found this Quintana Roo Quick John. It was about the only short westuit I could find and it was on sale as an end of season item, so that sweetened the deal as well.



My second purchase was a "transition" bag. They can call it what they want, but I'm calling it my bike bag. I live about 35 minutes from work, and bring my bike to ride a few times a week. I end up packing all my stuff in a little gym bag and it's always unorganized. Combine that with weekly bike races and triathlons, and I end up with 2-3 bags and my bike in and out of my house when I leave. I'm thinking that this nice big Zipp bag can let me put it all together in one spot and one bag. I hate having to take multiple trips to my car in the am just to workout.

ps, I don't know who this guy is, but he isn't going to look nearly as cool as I will with this bag.


And just for full disclosure, I need to thank mom for these toys. Apparently she didn't like the though of me swimming in the cold ... the bag was just a perk for being a momma's boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there holtman.blogspot.com blogger found your website via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com