7.20.2007

Laird's Laws

Outside magazine has a neat article by Laird Hamilton ... his seventeen commandments. Here are a few I found especially insightful
3. It's really about keeping in shape for life. Think about your body like a car. Once you park a car, it might not start again. But if you just keep driving it, it'll keep going. It likes to be driven.
10. I have friends who eat healthier than anybody, but it takes them all day. And if they don't have their sprouted bread, they go into a seizure. I can eat a Big Mac. I'm not going to love it, but it won't put me into toxic shock. It's like if a car is too high-performance, then it's sensitive to any kind of fuel. I like being more like a truck. If a little diesel gets in there, maybe a little water, it'll cough and burp a bit, but it's gonna get through it and keep running.

I like the metaphors comparing your body to a truck. It makes sense. Read the rest of the article here.

No comments: